Friday, June 20, 2008

Visiting Flagstaff, AZ.

Have you ever had one of those days where it was so bad it felt like it had been going on all week? I have. It wasn't bad enough that I am having a bad hair day but the rest of the day? So…to cheer myself up I thought I would talk about my recent trip.

I visited Arizona. My niece in Flagstaff was getting married. My daughter and family live in Tucson so I flew there and we all drove up to Flagstaff. What a beautiful city. I live in the Pacific Northwest and expected Flagstaff to be just like the rest of the Arizona desert. I was pleasantly surprised! It is not much different than here with it’s Ponderosa Pine forests. The weather in Flagstaff is warmer than here. We’ve been in the 60’s. It was about 80 degrees there and I loved it!

On my flight to Tucson I was bumped up to 1st Class. It was great since it was a three hour flight. This was only the second time I have ever flown 1st Class. The first time was also when I visited Jamie. She must be lucky for me.

I think I’d like to move here!!! It's probably really pricey.

The college in Flagstaff is gorgeous. It is also huge! It has a ginormous dome that looked like a spaceship. The rest of the campus was beautiful.





I couldn’t believe how green it was here!



AND.....I got my kicks on Route 66!!



I can't wait to go back. Also the wedding was absolutely beautiful as was my niece. It was so nice to see this side of my family after so long.

No comments: