Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quilt Market Was Awesome!!!

We had a great time. We ate way too much but we walked way too much so that helped. Our hotel room was near the convention center so we just hopped the shuttle everyday.

We had quite the day on Thursday the day we started out. We both left in the morning around 7ish. Jamie was flying in from Arizona and I was driving down from Washington. At 7:30AM she called me from the Tucson airport and said her flight was running late and that she may not catch her connection in Salt Lake City. At about 10:30 she called again and yes she did miss it.

While she tried to make other arrangements I kept on driving. I was 40 miles outside of Portland when she called and said that her flight into Portland wouldn't arrive until 7:30PM or later. It was only 11:30AM so I would have had to wait all day for her!! The other option was that her flight would land in Seattle at 3:00PM.

Well.....I didn't want to just sit around the hotel room waiting for Jamie so I decided to turn around and drive up to SeaTac airport (2 hours) to pick her up and then we would drive back down to Portland. (2 hours or so). I know....crazy....but kind of a fun roadtrip.

We arrived at our hotel about 6:00PM way before her flight would have arrived so I think it was worth it. Besides she drove the last leg of the trip and the entire time we were in Portland!! What a nice break.

I'll be posting pictures once I get them uploaded and more about the Market.

No comments: